Friday, February 4

my son's quilt

I realized the other day that I have yet to show off my son's quilt that I started forever ago.  This was my largest quilt to date and I'm so happy with it!  I picked the design and the fabrics, but I let him give me the color scheme.  He wanted orange, green, and blue.  I have to say he picked just right, too!

I used a log cabin variation with just a few stripped blocks to break it up a bit.  

I discovered that my machine will not handle a full size quilt, it can barely handle a twin.  Bummer!  So I had to pull out my grandmother's quilting hoop and get to work.  This time I used embroidery thread for the quilting for the first time.  I love the detail of it and it went SO much faster than using traditional hand quilting thread.  


 The ever time consuming hand quilting.  

 The back pieced with two fabrics.

 A little label I printed out and attached to the back.  It makes me happy to know he has this little letter from me to him telling him how much I love him.  Always.

A close-up of one of the blocks




 Folded up at the end of the bed in his orange room.

This is a sneak peek at the quilt I'm making for my little girl.  It's coming together beautifully and it's so her!  I just love it!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails