Tuesday, August 31

I am SO last year

This family rule canvas has been floating around in blogland for EVER I know.  I first saw the idea over at this blog I stalk daily, ahem.  But, I finally did one a few weeks ago, I don’t mind  being a little “last year.”  It's far from perfect, FAR from it.  I, however, gave up perfection so long ago, that I don't care anymore.  It's the imperfections that make life real.creation 002 copy

But, I think I like how it turned out, even if I’m not totally loving the quality of my work.  One day, I may try again and use scrapbooking stickers.
  creation 003 copy
But being the frugal person I am, I used what I had which was fabric, homemade modge podge, and transfer paper.  I’m a font lover so I have TONS at my disposal.  Simply print onto transfer paper (do not forget to reverse the design!!  I made that mistake a few too many times than I like to admit.)   Iron onto fabric, glue onto the canvas, and apply modge podge.  I use a mixture of glue and water.  creation 005 copy
I added some ric rac and ribbon to break it up a bit.  I’m not loving however the way the transfer paper looks a little shiny.  Oh well.  Like I said, I can always redo it one day.   And I don’t like how I didn’t quite take the time to even up the edges.  I think I was trying to hurry and complete this before the big kids came off the bus and the baby woke up from his nap.   But, it feels the space in nicely and adds a little color. 
More importantly, it tells whomever comes in our home what we believe and value as a family.
creation 004 copy
The rules are:
Love the Lord your God
Keep your promises.  Integrity matters.
Wash your hands
Clean up, even if you didn’t make the mess
Be respectful.  Talk nicely.
Read more…watch tv less
Always tell the truth
Obey your parents
There’s no mine in this house…it’s all God’s.  (LOVE that one!)
Be nice to your siblings…encourage them, stick up for them, believe in them.
Be creative. Laugh at your mistakes.  Embrace the possibilities.
Mind your manners.  Say “please” and “thank you.”
Husband love your wife.  Wife respect your husband.
Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails