Tuesday, June 1

Reading and Lemonade

I have been reading some books lately!  I really hope I can remember which books I’ve read actually because there’s been so many.   Nothing irritates me more than to get some new books from the library, or heaven forbid to actually BUY a book all to discover later that I had already READ the book!

1.  Ghost Story by Peter Straubb
My in-laws are in the process of moving and gave me a whole gaggle of books they no longer needed.  I’m talking a FREAKING lot of books. :)  I couldn’t have  been more happier if she had brought me a bags full of fabric to play in.  So that’s why I read this book.  I don’t normally read scary books or watch scary movies.  They affect my WHOLE day, I just can’t do it.  At first I thought this book was slow and not at all terrifying.  By the time I got to the end of the book, I was simply skimming because I didn’t want to get to wrapped up in it!  It was just so stinking depressing, all those people died!  Now look, I spoiled the book for you.  Oh well.  I read it, I didn’t enjoy it, but I read it.

2.  The Field Guide to Burying Your Parents
Loved this one.  Who knew a book about burying your parents could actually hold so much humor?!  Don’t be scared off by the title, it’s not all macabre.  I LOVED it!

3.  More Than Enough by Dave Ramsey
We’re huge Dave fans around here.  We are some financial peace enjoying people, let me tell you.  So much so my son thinks he’s brainwashed us.  But he’s just mad we got rid of cable and refuse to buy a new tv to replace our old one that only sometimes work.  Nor are we willing to replace our microwave.  You just have to pop the door back on when you want to use it and we rarely use it anyways.  Great book, great principles, I say  vote Dave Ramsey for President.

4.  Rereading Nourishing Traditions
Yes, I loved it so much and I just had to get it again from the library.

5.  Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
It’s by Jodi Picoult, of course I LOVED it!  Need I say more?

6.  All this and Heaven too by Rachel Field
This was another one from my in-laws and oh my dear goodness was it ever fantastic!!  I actually stopped midway through the I Jodi Picoult book just to read this one.  That is how good this was!  It was written in the 1930s I believe and is a true account of the authors aunt which I didn’t realize until the end of the story.  Put this one on your list!  Love, love,  love it!
Sit outside with on a warm sunny day with a good book in one hand and a glass of lemonade in the other.  And I’m not talking about that nasty powdered drink mix or lemonade from a bottle.  That stuff is just plain wrong.  I’m talking about MY lemonade.

Take 3 good sized lemons and roll them firmly with the palm or your hand on the countertop to release the juices and pulp.    Cut in half and juice them ‘til they’re dry! :)  In a 2 qt. pitcher combine the juice, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and mix half way with hot water.  Not cold, not warm, HOT water.  Stir until sugar melts and then continue to filling pitcher with more hot water and give it a good stir.  Yes you have to wait until it chills to enjoy it, but the best things in life are worth waiting for!  (A little life lesson thrown in there. )

And yes, I know that you can boil the sugar and water together, but it’s just an extra step that’s not needed.   And I’m all for eliminating the unnecessary.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails