Wednesday, August 5

Cookie of the Week...Chocolate Oatmeal Balls

The kids are home sick with walking pneumonia. So they are sick enough to stay home from school, but they don't seem sick enough to stop fighting and bickering with one another. Yeah, fun times here.

I thought I'd try and sweeten them up by making cookies. Which they were very appreciative of!

I figured why not share the love and blog the recipe. Then I thought, hey, let's take it a step further and share a cookie recipe once a week. Okay, I can't promise it'll be once a week, I mean i DO have 3 kids and am desperately trying to lose the baby weight after this last one. (It's amazing what 3 super large kids can do to a body. And I mean that not in a good way.)

So, here's the first one.

3/4 c shortening
1 c brown sugar
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c milk
1 1/2 c rolled oats

Cream shortening until soft. Blend in sugar gradually. Add chocolate, blending well. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla. Stir in rolled oats. Use your hands to knead them in, if need be. Form into walnut size balls and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails