Wednesday, March 25

Blueberry Bliss

If you're not fortunate to live or to have lived in the South, you might not understand me when I say "gotta, wanna, needa, geeta, hava...Bojangles!" I know, I know fast food is not good for and all that jazz, but on the occasion I do like to grab a quick bite. Now, I don't get excited about a McDonalds or a Burger King or anything like that, but there is something about chicken biscuit, seasoned fries and a big sweet tea from Bojangles. That pure Delight with a captial "D". They also have this delcious confection called a BoBerry Biscuit. My daughter and I decided to try and whip us up a batch of our blueberry bliss biscuits.

And they were so good.

We could have ate the whole plateful, but my 4 year old told me we would get sick if we did! So sadly we restrained ourselves. :) I'm going to tell you the way we made them, and then I'll tell you what I'll do next time.

2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c butter
3/4 c milk, more if neccesary
1 c or so of frozen blueberries

Cut the butter into the 1st three ingredients until crumbly. Add milk, stirring just until moistened. Add 1 cup frozen blueberries, I think fresh would be too delicate for the thicked biscuit dough. Gently work them in. I didn't knead the biscuit dough because I was afraid that kneading on top of working in the blueberries would make my biscuits tough. Pat dough to 1/2 in thickness and cut out using a 2 in biscuit cutter. Bake on ungreased sheet @400 for 12 minutes or just until golden. Let cool for a moment and then drizzle with glaze.
Glaze:
1 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 T milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Next time I will switch half the flour for cake flour and maybe add 1 T sugar to the dough. I think they would be equally as yummy with sliced strawberries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails