Wednesday, March 18

Baby Food...mmm chicken casserole


I fixed Ian up with a yummy chicken dish yesterday. He really seemed to enjoy his first taste of meat. It's so simple and very customizable.

Saute 2 carrots and a little sliced leek in some vegetable oil until it just begins to soften. Toss in some chopped chicken and cook until the chicken becomes opaque. Next you add some more veggies; potatoes, parsnips, peas, green beans, lima beans, etc. Add in just enough water to cover then simmer, covered, for about 15 min or until all veggies are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Process, thinning with more water if necessary.

Now, I've never had my poultry come out as smooth as the jarred variety, but my baby doesn't mind. If yours has real texture issues, be patient as you introduce this.

By the way, I love these new bibs I have introduced into my Etsy shop. They are bigger and more trim than my previous line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails