Wednesday, January 12

Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas


I kinda got lazy in the kitchen over the past several months. You know, I fixed the same ole' same ole'. Baked chicken, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, beef tips, and blah, blah, blah.  I was tired of cooking and I KNOW the family was tired of eating!

This year, or at least for this month, I've been trying to cook new recipes and introduce new flavors. This one is a keeper!  Well, 3 out of 5 said yes.  But my daughter doesn't eat anything that's not a fruit or a bread, and the baby follows her lead.  Frustrating.  Anyways, here's something to try for dinner tonight.

Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas

1 1/2 lb boneless chicken breasts, flattened
12 oz bottle of chili sauce
4 chipotle chilies & 1 T sauce from a 7 oz can
1/4 c lime juice
1/3 c molasses
1/3 c brown sugar (I know that's a lot of sweetners!!)
1/2 c vinegar
onion, chopped
oil
16 fajita tortillas
pepper-jack cheese, shredded
sour cream

Process chili sauce, chipotles, adobo sauce, and lime juice until smooth.  Use to marinate chicken 1-2 hours.

Remove chicken, scraping off marinade to reserve.  Boil marinade with molasses, brown sugar, and vinegar for at least 4 minutes.

Cook chicken and onion over medium/medium-high heat until onion is soft and chicken is done.  Shred chicken and combine with 1/2 cup of sauce.

Top one half of tortilla with a little cheese, some chicken, and then a little more cheese. Fold tortilla over and brown both sides in skillet over medium-high heat with just a little oil to keep it from sticking.

Serve with sour cream and reserved sauce.  Your welcome!
 Okay, I can't take pictures of food to save my life.  It might look a little..."blech" in the picture, but trust me they were delicious!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails