Wednesday, August 18

living like refugees

My kids are living like refugees for the next couple of days.  Toys are packed up, beds are in the middle of rooms, they're sleeping on the floor, climbing over boxes to get to the closet and we couldn't be more excited about it!

Right now the two boys who are 8 years apart are sharing a room.  Which means I hear all day long, " Mo-om!  Ian's in my legos again!  I just want some privacy!  Ian get the legos out of your mouth!"

Meanwhile, my daughter who is in between them in age tells us, "But I don't want to sleep alone in my room.  I want a roommate.  I'm the only one who doesn't get to share a room!"

So, in a moment of weakness, or insanity, the hubby and I decided to let the kids switch rooms.  Simply moving the baby is not an option since my daughter's room is WAY too small to have two kids in it. Being a glutton for punishment, I'm repainting both rooms and while I'm at it, repainting my daughters furniture and just simply redecorating the rooms.  YEA!!!!

My mind is swarming with ideas, just SWARMING.   My son wanted an orange room.  I had a moment of hesitation and then, luckily, I came to my senses because it is fan-FREAKING-tastic.  Toasted Pumpkin by Valspar.  I've never painted orange before, but wow, wow, wow.
The hubs snapped this photo last night of the first swipe of paint.  I loved the purple and green with a white polka dot that I did for the girl.  But, it's time to move on.  I can't wait to show you the orange tomorrow when it's all painted.  Meanwhile, these are some inspirations

Tomorrow, I hope to show you the pic of the painted room for the oldest.  There's still a lot of decorating to do, but at least it'll give you an idea.  :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails