Tuesday, June 29

House Rules

Have you read the latest Jodi Picoult's book, House Rules?  Awesome, awesome, awesome book!  I loved every minute of it and my kids loved that they got to have extra tv time while I read the book.  (bad mommy, I know)

In case you didn't know, it's a murder mystery of sorts.  I was deep into the book Saturday night.  It was late, for me at least, around 11:30 and I'm in bed with only a lamp on completely entranced in the story line.  My dear hubby was out of town on business, so it was just me and the kiddos.  I don't do "home alone" very well.   I'm a scaredy-cat and always imagine the worst.  Not that I think my husband could do much if an intruder came into our home.  I mean, bless his heart, he'd take down the bad guy and all, but he'd have to wake up first.  Short of a semi roaring through our bedroom, the boy doesn't wake up easily.

So, anyways, to recap it's late, I'm alone, it's dark and I'm reading a murder mystery. Then I hear this sound.  Like little children laughing. We all know the scariest thing in a horror movie is to hear a little child laugh!  At first, I try to ignore it and I wonder if I'm out of my mind.  Could I be losing it a little bit?  It's not that far fetched when I think of my family history.  The sound is not going away and it's accompanied with little kid type music.  I put my big girl panties on and tip toe out of bed.  Luckily, my bedroom door was open because my imagination simply couldn't handle having to open it to see what was on the other side.

I hear the laughing again.

It's coming from my daughter's room.

But it's not my daughter's laugh.


I slowly open the door and then I see it...





She had just got her first Zhou Zhou pet that day at her birthday party.   OMGoodness, I thought I'd strangle that hamster toy.  My daughter leaned up out of bed and looked at me and looked at her zhou zhou pet and went back to sleep!  That gave me such a fright.  I was fine until the next morning I was telling my daughter about it and she asked, " But who turned my zhou zhou pet on in the middle of night?"

Cue scary music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails