Wednesday, February 3

Eat you heart out

Seriously, don't you just WISH you could make Valentine cookies are lovely as mine!  Don't deny it, you KNOW that these are the most artfully created cookies EVER!

Okay, okay, okay.  I wish I could say these were decorated by my 5 year old, but, sadly, me wielding a pastry bag is NOT a pretty sight.  But, my kids love them.  Especially the baby, whose little hand kept creeping up to the counter top.

These are cookies are not very sweet which is why I added the buttercream icing.  I think these would equally as heavenly sandwiched with Nutella in between.  Is anyone else absolutely addicted to that stuff??!!  I can eat that by the spoonful!

Rolled Chocolate Cookies

Um, yes, usually this is where I would put the recipe.  But, uh, I can't find it all of a sudden!  Really I typed the title, then went to look for the recipe and it apparently walked away.   Okay, if and when I find it I'll post it!


Found it!
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 c butter
2/3 c sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3 c flour
Cream butter, stir in sugar, egg and vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients.  Roll thin (or thick if you like yours soft like me!), but and bake in 400 degree oven for 8-10 min.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails