Thursday, February 26

another opportunity to help...

My last post gave you an opportunity to purchase items to help out a blogger family who lost their baby to cancer. Today, I have another opportunity for you to help out children of the Appalachian Mountains. I'm from the NC Appalachian Mountains so this area is near and dear to my heart. Like many of you, I watched the tv show with Diane Sawyer about the deep poverty that many children live in right here in our country. I knew I wanted to help, but I just didn't know where to start. A few days later while I was perusing around on some blogs on stumbled on this blog. Not only did she want to help, she also took the initiative to start a baby blanket drive. So if you knit, crochet, or sew you, too, can make a baby blanket to send to these children to not only keep them warm, but also to let them know that someone out there cares for them.

So get out your yarn, get out your fabric and start making those blankets! You can check out the button to the left on my blog for the baby blanket project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails