Wednesday, January 14

Mmm...Soup

I made the best soup last night! It's actually quite cold here in NC this week, so I'm taking advantage of the weather and making soup to warm us up. It's so good, I wanted to share it with you. I did add a secret ingredient, though. I'm desperate to add more vegetables to my family's diet, so I sneak it in whenever possible. They never noticed the chunks of cauliflower I added. :)

Sausage and Bean Soup
3/4 lb ground sausage
onion chopped to your desired amount
garlic clove minced
can of baby butter beans, drained
can of black beans, drained
14.5 oz can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
14.5 oz can of beef broth
1 T fresh basil, minced
1 T. Parmesan cheese

Brown sausage with onion and garlic, drain. Add next 5 ingredients and simmer 10 min., sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails