Wednesday, July 9

Blueberry Muffins


I love blueberry muffins, so does my daughter. A friend of mine gave me a whole mess of berries that she had picked the other day, so sweet, I know! So today, my daughter and I decided to spend some time baking in the kitchen. Don't they look delicious?

I have a lot of different recipes we've tried, but this is one I like. I modified it from the original which came from an old cookbook. I like my muffins to be nutritious enough for breakfast so I don't put on a streusel topping or anything like that. Here's the recipe:

Mix together 1 c. white flour, 3/4 c whole wheat flour, 1/2 c sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 3/4 tsp. salt. Next, combine and then add to the dry mixture 1 egg (or two egg whites) 3/4 c. milk and 1/3 unsweetened applesauce. Fold in 1 c or so of fresh blueberries. Bake @400 for 20 min.

Super simple! If you try this recipe and like it, make sure to let me know!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails